Sunday, September 8, 2013

Artist Spotlight: Peter Northcote



Just discovered this musician via Twitter. I've been listening to his work for the better part of the evening now and I must say I'm thoroughly impressed by his versatility to say the least. Before I get to the music, let me just give you a bit of a bio about him.

Peter Northcote is an Australian Guitarist who began playing at nine years old. He took lessons at Bradmans Music Studios in Rockdale, Australia. He's since gone on to become a session player, and plays in a variety of different bands from covers to weddings and enjoys playing the smaller clubs and pubs. Musically, his influences range from Jimi Hendrix, Steve Vai, Steve Morse, Steve Howe to name a few.

For more information on Peter Northcote: Click Here!

Now, when you get to the site you can actually listen to a wide variety of his work, and let me tell you as a long time fan of guitarists such as Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson, among others, Peter Northcote is the real deal. His music ranges from jazz to blues to rock and metal. Each track is different, and no two sound the same over three different releases on the website. I'm currently in the process of purchasing his music from the itunes store, which itself speaks volumes. I'm thoroughly impressed by his sound and was pleased to find out he has a new EP coming out called The Basement on October 26, 2013. 

I'll be looking forward to it, and will post a review on this site. Until then, if you are interested in listening to some good music I highly recommend checking out his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment